Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blog #5

For my possible informative essay topics, I was thinking about discussing the origin of the two shoes, Adidas and Puma.  Two brothers both were planning to make shoes together, as they split up from one brother supporting the Nazi party less than the other brother.  After the two brothers split, each made their own shoe company; Adidas and Puma.  A very big rivalry was between the two, with even ending their lives buried in the same cemeteries, resting on opposite sides.

My other possible idea for what to write about would be, coincidentally enough, how Nike originated.  The first Nike running shoe was made on a waffle maker, and was worn by Steve Prefontaine, who was an Olympic runner.  Before Prefontaine ran for the Olympics, he ran for Oregon, where he got his first pair of Nikes, and originated the Nike Swoosh in 1972.  Those who are football fans know that Oregon has over 80 jerseys approximately, all because Nike was started there.

I find both of the topics to be interesting, as I look forward to researching and finding more and more about it.  I know a pretty good amount about each one of these topics, but as a writer I will be learning more about the information myself as well!

1 comment:

  1. You're really a fan of shoes, huh? I think both topics could be interesting, but the history of the first one is really intriguing. It would be something that a lot of people really would know nothing at all about. The hard part will be keeping it strictly informative. I know it would be easy to get into opinions of these two.

    10/10

    ReplyDelete