First Topic: Self-Image. One of the three topics that captured my attention was Self-Image. Some of the causes of people feeling down on their selves or having a low self-esteem is that when looking in the mirror they pick out a negative aspect to them rather than a positive. Having a poor self-image will lower your confidence. I feel like it is important to have a great self-image of yourself, because I feel like life is easier to live if you enjoy yourself because then you can enjoy others more. It's important to combat this problem because everyone has something positive about them, whether it's a non-physical appearance, like personality, or something like a good smile. This issue has impacted my community plenty of ways, whether it's a sad tweet or even by even talking to someone face to face, someone with a low self-image may bring up something negative about themselves. Ways to raise awareness could be done in various ways. Compliment someone, let others know about that specific person's good qualities, or even just show appreciation.
Second Topic: Anti-Bullying. I know that this topic gets old to hear about, but I feel like it is kind of hidden behind daily things being said. Some of the causes of bullying is the one getting bullied is an easy target. They may dress different or have a low popularity status. Bullying also may be caused because it is easy to do especially if it isn't face to face. Cyber-bullying is on the increase and we see it right before our eyes every day and we are so accustomed to it. It's important to combat this issue because there is always something that promotes anti-bullying, but then two days after it is introduced people seem to shy away from the idea. I hope that I can somehow get something going that will make a long-term effect and people will carry on with this idea. People sometimes get bullied and don't know where to go, so why not try to help? It has impacted our community, school, quad-city area, or anywhere honestly. We may see more indirect bullying than anything else. We can raise awareness of anti-bullying by being someone's friend honestly. If they are bullied, just be their friend. Not one time, but make it an everyday thing. It will make them feel good and yourself as well for helping out.
Third Topic: Making Better Interactions. As this was the topic that I discussed during class, I feel like it is pretty important. There is a wide variety of things that you could do to make better interactions. Some of the problems in our modern day is that people tend to be self-centered way too much. When sitting at the lunch table for example, someone may pass by the table to take their tray up and someone says, "Why does he/she wear those shoes? I had those in 5th grade." or something like that. People are always caught up in what they have, like the coolest new laptop, a new car, their clothes, or their cell phone. Will having all of those things help anyone else besides yourself? It is important to combat this issue because it will overall just help the social environment. This issue has affected the community in plenty of ways, maybe by people being too hostile towards one another. I feel like if you were to hold the door for someone it is a surprise because it is almost like a rare scene. Some things that can be done is donating blood, maybe give your old clothes to Goodwill as well, or giving a meaningful compliment.
All three of these topics may seem like they can go hand-in-hand with one another. But I feel like they could be fun to do a project on and it is a broad spectrum of options.
Good write-ups. 10/10
ReplyDelete