Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blog #1

When handling major essays, I first like to come up with a map or outline.  Organizing is key when writing, and outlining is very helpful.  I also like to come up with a good opening sentence, three great supporting details, and a reassuring closing statement. 

When it comes to my confidence in my writing, I have gained more confidence as I have written more and more.  At the start of my junior year, I probably was not nearly as confident in my writing as I am now.  My strengths as a writer would be that I come up with great topics.  It is very easy to find a topic that is very narrowed down, that potentially could not have a lot of support for it.  However, I am good at finding a topic that is much more abroad.  Another strength would be that I have gotten better at my vocabulary usage.  Also I tend to write more than I need to, which can be a good problem; I always can take unnecessary stuff out!  Something that I could definitely improve on as a writer would be my citation abilities and my run on sentences.  I don’t know why, but I just seem to struggle when it comes to my citing and I look forward to fixing that.  When it comes to running on a sentence, I tend to just type what my mind is thinking, whether it’s grammatically incorrect or correct.

As I am take English 101 and 102, I am planning on overall becoming more knowledgeable as a writer.  With writing more and more essays, I hope that I can fix more of my problems with essay writing.  I hope that writing different types of essays, such as personal experience, informative topic, Non-Fiction, etc., I can broaden my writing horizons and become a more genuine and more readable writer.  I also plan on not only learning how to write and things such as that, but I also hope that I can get more prepared for college in general by taking this class.

1 comment:

  1. You'll get a good challenge out of this class, and you'll also have tons of opportunities to write more. I know that alone will be a big help.

    10/10

    ReplyDelete