My first option that I could write about for a personal experience would be my mission trip this past summer to Toronto. I could discuss the city and the people there, what we saw, what we did, and what affected me, and what emotionally grabbed me. I met a man there that took us on a tour and showed us around the city and talked about the homeless people there. His name was Anthony, and he actually was a homeless man and a crack addict. I could write a lot about Toronto, especially with the ethos, pathos, and logos aspects included.
My other option would be my experience in Mexico this past February for my eldest brother Jonathan's wedding. Things of discussion would consist of my speech for being one of his two best men, the other best man being my other brother, Jordan. I could discuss going to the Mayan Ruins, going in the biosphere, the culture and weather, what it was like being the youngest person on the resort and interacting with people that were my brother's age all week. Another very abroad topic. It will be hard to pick which one to choose!
Questions: I think they're all covered! If I need anything, I can ask in class.
I think the better of the two might be the first topic. It seems to pack a more emotional punch and really tackle something of importance. Not saying that the second isn't important because it certainly is. I know how much the speech for your brother meant and how much seeing him get married and bringing a new member into the family influenced you.
ReplyDeleteIf you do the first topic, I would talk generally about the trip and your thoughts, then hint in a thesis about learning more than just seeing the sights. Then you could talk about the excitement of going and seeing the sights but then work in the key aspects of meeting Anthony and learning important lessons.
Should be interesting!