Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blog #6

Three topics that I have knowledge upon when trying to persuade another individual would be pro-life vs. pro-choice, whether or not to have year round school, and why social networking sites are better to have than not to have.

One of the most controversial debates out there is pro-life vs. pro-choice.  As people see both sides, I could persuade to one why adoption and pro-life is a better choice.  Pro-life grants the opportunity for adoption, it is biblically-sound, and it is saving a life from death.

Year-round school is a great idea, as it allows students to stay in the "learning-mode".  Over a 3-month summer-long break, students are not gaining any knowledge over that long gap, and getting back into the school mode when school starts can be a task for teachers.  Another reason why it is good is because it is beneficial for socializing.  "I didn't see you at all this summer, how have you been?" is a typical question asked when returning back to school.  School is a place where people are constantly interacting with people you may just be friends or acquaintances with, and interacting is beneficial to one's future.

Social networking sites tend to get a bad wrap out there in society, but there are plenty of good things that it actually offers.  It allows for people to interact with another individual from a far distance easily.  There also are social networking sites, such as Schoology, that allows people to interact easily and post an assignment at the click of a button. Also, it is actually beneficial to one's quality of life if not used too much.

1 comment:

  1. There's definitely a lot about abortion and adoption. You'd have plenty to draw upon.

    I'm really interested in your second two topics, though. I think the year round idea is something that has been argued on both sides, and there could be some interesting research out there about how it helps or hurts students.

    The last one is also intriguing. Given the world we live in, this could be a good essay.

    I'd go with choices two or three.

    10/10

    ReplyDelete